Sarah Burton sent out 10 fully packed looks at Paris Fashion Week for her Fall 2013 collection. Continue reading »
Just wanted to say that I won’t be posting much in the next two weeks. Got an essay to write, an exam to study for and a shit load of readings to catch up on. Not to mention my work schedule is crazy hectic. I have no days to myself. But I like it that way. Workaholic much?
I hope y’all are enjoying your summer, wherever you may be. I’m leaving you guys with a few things I recently fell in love with. Thanks for reading.
Imagine living here…
If you haven’t seen Chanel’s Haute Couture Fall-Winter 2012/13 collection…click here
The 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards were announced at Mayfair and all the celebrities came suitably attired in their stylish best.
Here are the top 5 best dressed:
1. I think it’s safe to say that Naomi Watts was best dressed at this years event. She looked absolutely flawless in her sexy backless, lace overlay Versace cutaway patterned dress.
2. Lily Collins arrived in this princess perfect, emerald green Alexander McQueen cocktail dress. I think Snow White would approve of her vampy eyeshadow and berry lips!
3. Former Coronation Street star Katherine Kelly donned a long-skirted 50′s frock, whipping her hair off her face to highlight that perfect bone structure. Love the lace and chiffon mix!
4. Eva Longoria wore an eye-popping, figure-hugging, bright orange Victoria Beckham number pairing it with nude shoes and clutch. Classy but sassy!
5. Jessica Alba’s Alexander McQueen dress with feminine ruffled lace straps is to die for. And that studded-embellished McQueen clutch is perfect for this look.
McQueen showcased 19 runway looks and accessories from its Spring-Summer 2012 collection. The looks were displayed alongside a selection of crafted art pieces, which revolved around the theme of skulls, a key McQueen icon.
Here are some of the looks:
“I was thinking about a woman as an object of desire. We go to such lengths to adorn ourselves that we almost become our clothes or are taken over by them. This is a collection about excess – an exploration of ideals of beauty at their most extreme.” – Sarah Burton, Creative Director.
I feel like a lot of the fashion choices made by the stars or their “stylists” were boring and repetitive.
Michelle Williams wore a Valentino dress which was so typical of her. I feel like she has overly used up the simple girl look which tends to be rather boring on the red carpet. I do however love the caplet sleeves in lace. It’s the most spunk we can expect from her.
I was a little surprised to see Emma Stone in a little black dress. Lets just say I can’t get over her emerald-hued looks she has been sporting this award season. I do adore this dress by top fashion label Alexander McQueen. And that clutch! Definitely a must have.
The Givenchy Haute Couture on Zoe Saldana seemed to be a favourite of the night. Hit #1 on Flare Magazine’s Top 10 Best Dressed list. The dress is gorgeous, no doubt. But it does nothing for Saldana.
A new creative director, Olivier Rousteing, decided to continue the rockstar chic look this season. Shorts and dresses. Prints made of leather. This Spring 2012 collection is a huge success.
Elie Saab has to be one of my all time favourite designers! He continues to use lace and frills for this seasons look. His use of simple designs and bold and neutral colours is what Spring is all about!